Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday Workout Update!

I decided that in the name of alliteration, Wednesday will now be dubbed "Wednesday Workout Update" until further notice! I mentioned recently that I wanted to get healthy and back into shape not only to just feel better about myself, but also because I am planning to run some serious races in the not-so-distant future.

With that being said, my workouts have been okay. Last week I ran twice, logging a grand total of 5.48 miles. I think that is decent considering the fact that I haven't worked out in, oh, let's say, a year. I got the stroller out and walked around our neighborhood with AJ on the days that I didn't go to the gym (its so hot and humid here that just walking made me look and feel like I had gone for a run). I kind of took the weekend off (okay, I gave myself a 3-day weekend), so this week its back to the grind.

I walked outside yesterday and missed the window of opportunity for outdoor walking this morning. That just means that I'll have to leave AJ with D while I go plod along on the dreadmill at the gym this afternoon. I'm hoping that once life gets back to normal in a few weeks I can put AJ in hourly care for an hour or so each morning and do my run without having to "schedule" it with D. Believe it or not, life gets more simple when D goes back to work!

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome - you gotta start somewhere, right? ps - i gave myself a 3 day weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...