Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm Motivated!

I'm super motivated as of late to start working out and more specifically, start running again! I have been a total blob since AJ was born and honestly, I think I deserved it. Now though, its time to get serious! I'm ready to lose the baby weight and get my skinny belly back. Not to mention the plans I have to run a half marathon in November. Eek. Saying that reminds me how much work I have to do. I can't just start training for that. I have to get in shape first, then start the training.

I've done it before. I went from out of shape to half marathoner in a few months back in 2007, but that was a little different. I wasn't fresh from a C-Section and I was also 3 years younger! Pregnancy aged me a bit, I'm afraid. But honestly, I'm having visions of myself in cute workout clothes, buff (but not in a yucky way) and feeling good about myself again. I'm envisioning a fitness guru. Okay. Maybe that isn't going to happen, but I would like to establish a healthier lifestyle for D and myself. I mean, how are we going to teach AJ and future children the importance of staying fit and healthy when we are sedentary?

Obviously, we didn't do a great job teaching our first "child" good habits since Abby is about the laziest dog I've ever seen. I swear, she would sleep 24 hours a day if I didn't make her go outside to potty. I blame myself, but more importantly, I vow to break the cycle. AJ will have good role models for parents.

Helping my cause is not only the impeding half marathon in the early winter (I guess its technically late fall), but a conversation I had with a friend over a lunch of gyros and fries (don't judge, my lifestyle change hadn't started yet) last week. She is running the Disney Princess half marathon in Disney World in February. AJ and I are planning on being in Florida for the month of February. Do you see where I'm going with this? I'm going to sign up for it!

I can see myself becoming a runner (again)! I'm so excited for both of these races that I really think I'm going to stick with it. I really tend to be a lot better about working out and making time for it when I have already committed to something, like signing up for a race.

My next move is to register for both of these races. Then I'll be forced to do it. I'll be locked in. This is it.

I can't wait to be healthy again and take my family with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...