Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Need Workout Music!

After my run yesterday I realized that I am badly in need of some good workout music. I tried scouring my iTunes and found a few songs that I like to run to/get me pumped up, but that was it. Unfortunately, D tends to listen to "screamy" music when he works out (is this a guy thing?) and that is just not going to work for me.

With that being said, does anyone have any suggestions for music that gets them going during a workout? Here is what I have so far (to give you an idea of what I like to run to):

So What by P!nk
Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
Your Love Is My Drug by Ke$ha
Low (feat. T-Pain) by Flo Rida
Rock That Body by Black Eyed Peas
Spiderwebs by No Doubt
Empire State of Mind (feat. Alicia Keys) by Jay-Z
Turn My Swag On by Soulja Boy Tell 'Em
Poker Face by Lady Gaga
California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg) by Katy Perry
Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3
Paper Planes by M.I.A.
Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne
Whatever You Like by T.I.
I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas
Tik Tok by Ke$ha
Alcohol by Barenaked Ladies
Paralyzer by Finger Eleven
Tangerine Speedo by Caviar
Right Round by Flo Rida
Paparazzi by Lady Gaga

I really want to add a bunch more stuff to this play list so that I don't end up listening to the same songs over and over again. I know that I will get really sick of running to it and then I'm back to hoping there is something good on the TV attached to my dreadmill. The other downfall of the TV is that it really fails to get me pumped up, especially at the end of my run, and I need something to keep my feet movin'!

HELP!

3 comments:

  1. I like to run to my ghetto rap cause it gets me pumped! Don't judge ;) I like...
    Lean Like a Cholo- Down AKA Kilo (mostly because it makes me laugh)
    Smooth Criminal-Alien Ant Farm
    Crazy Bitch- Buck Cherry
    Mr. Brightside- The Killers
    All The Things She Said- Tatu
    Make It Rain- Fat Joe
    The Jump Off- Lil Kim
    Lapdance- NERD
    Shut Up and Drive- Rhianna
    I Hate Everything about You- Three Days Grace Ocean Avenue- Yellowcard
    AyBayBay- Hurricane Chris
    I want You to Want Me- Letters To Cleo
    Toxic- Brittney Spears
    Last Train- Lostprophets
    Maneater- Nelly Furtado
    Well that was fun! Hope you like some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis, I also like ghetto rap and "man-hater" music. I'm in no position to judge. Your play list has some great songs that I'm definitely going to add to my workout mix, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cousins by Vampire Weekend
    California English by Vampire Weekend
    All the Right Moves by OneRepublic
    Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis
    You're the Best by Joe 'Bean' Esposito
    One Last Drink by Enter the Haggis
    Live Your Life by T.I.
    Airplanes by B.o.B.
    Young Forever by Jay-Z

    I have some more on my shuffle but I need to charge that little thing so I can figure out the songs on it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...