Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thank Goodness for Internet!

We finally have Internet and cable in our house. This means I can do everything so much easier! The only downside is that we still do not have our household goods, which means we have no furniture, pots, pans, dishes, linens, clothes, etc. other than the stuff we brought with us in the car. Our TVs are part of that shipment. We will just have to download shows on iTunes and watch them on the computer for a little while longer. We're hoping our stuff will be here Monday.

So you're probably wondering what the first thing and Internet addict like me did when we finally got back online. D, AJ and I hopped in the car and went to the farmer's market! Seriously. We got a bunch of great produce and some bread as well. Before you go getting all excited, just envision a park with 2 tents housing some Amish people selling tomatoes, zuchini, homemade bread, and blueberries. That is where we went. They also had some homemade laundry detergent which I might be adventurous next time and buy.

This afternoon will be spend installing the new Apple AirPort Extreme wireless router that we bought last night at the PX. We are so excited to finally have a Mac compatible router! I know, some of you are thinking, "all routers work with Macs." Yes, they do. They don't work well with Macs. The router we had typically required a whole day of phone calls and tech support from India just to establish a shoddy wireless connection to my Mac. D has a PC, and the Internet is always fabulous for him.

We did some research and found this router. In the description and the reviews it says that this is the best wireless router for mixed Mac/PC households, which we continue to be for the time being. Once I finally lure D to the dark side (a.k.a. get him a Mac) the router will still be just as easy to use! Hooray for simplicity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...