Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, November 26, 2010

A Red Letter Day!

So after all the action and excitment that comes with a holiday spent with family, we're relaxing this morning and eating leftovers. I decided to hop online and check out the activity in the bloggy world and lo and behold, I have reached 100 followers!

I want to extend a big thank you to everyone who has determined that I am worth following, and say welcome to all my new followers!


So the other night D and I were talking about my blog and I happened to mention that I was close to having 100 followers. He continues to be super amazed by my popularity (ha!) and he's convinced that someday soon we'll be living off the profits from my super-awesome blog and subsequent book (a la Pioneer Woman).

No, really, he thinks that.

Anyway, the conversation continued and he suggested that once I hit 100 followers we should have a special dinner to celebrate.

I kind of laughed at the idea, but after thinking about it a little, I like the idea! I'm going to expand on it a little further and let you all suggest your favorite recipes or menus for our dinner. It is, after all, because of you that we'll be celebrating! So, start thinking about what I should make, because I'm opening up the comments section for you guys to make suggestions for the next week.

Next Friday, December 3 I will officially close the contest and organize all the suggestions by dish type (like appetizers, main dishes, desserts, etc.) and I'll randomly choose the recipes that l'll make for our dinner! Don't worry, I will blog about the preparation and how the whole meal turns out so you all know how much we enjoy your favorite recipes!

So, get thinking and let me know what we should make!

Details: Make sure that you either submit the directions for making your recipe or you enable your email address on your profile so I can get in touch with you to get the recipe! If I can't get in touch with you and the recipe isn't included in your post, then your entry will be disqualified. Sorry.

Thanks so much for following me!

2 comments:

  1. A AMAZING desert that is easier to make than you think is
    Cheese & Chocolate Tunnel Cake
    It is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser.
    Here is the link for the recipe
    and a pic of it
    http://www.justapinch.com/recipe/cheese-and-chocolate-tunnel-cake-by-melanie-miller-mrmiller-3848

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 Layer Bars--yum yum yum...


    Make a graham cracker crust by mixing crushed graham crackers and butter together on the bottom of a pan (1 box and 1 stick.

    Then cover 1.5 cups of chocolate chips on top.

    Next 1.5 cups of butterscotch chips.

    Next 1.5 cups of coconut.

    Then 1.5 cups of pecans.

    After that, cover it with a can and a half of condensed milk.

    Top with a bag of marshmallows and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden.

    Cool and cut into bars.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...