Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oh, Hi There....

My name is Beth and this is my blog. Remember me?

I ran a half marathon this weekend. 13.1 miles. I didn't finish in under 2 hours, but I also didn't really think I would. I did finish in a personal best of 2:05:53. My previous best (and only) half marathon time was 2:12:andsomeseconds. I'm pretty happy that I was able to shave 7 minutes off my time, especially since the last time I ran 13.1 miles was before I had created human life.

Now that I've finished this race, I'm parked somewhere squarely between being super pumped for my next race in February and really, really, dreading it. I am dreading all the training runs that lie between me and my next race, but I'm also very excited about running the race.

Before this weekend I hadn't raced in almost 4 years. The last half marathon I did was in January 2007. I forgot about how much fun it is to run in a race and know that you're going to beat people. I forgot how motivated I get when people pass me (competitive, much?). I forgot how much fun it is to tour a city while you're running through it.

I'm also uber excited about February because I know tons and tons of people who are going to be converging on Disney World to run the race. It should be a big, amazing, awesome time!

So, with that being said, the countdown is now on...I have three weeks off before I start my 12 week training session for the Princess half!

Sorry, no pictures today, but I'll try and get on and upload pictures from this weekend and get those posted ASAP, because, um, San Antonio is a super cute and fun city.

There's also a lot of other stuff going on in my life right now that I'm going to be updating about very soon, so stay tuned! Oh, and I promise that I'm going to start reading all of your blogs again (and then subsequently commenting as well). I. Promise.

9 comments:

  1. Glad the 1/2 went well! Congrats on getting a personal best:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm a new(er) follower, and you are already motivating me to want to run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on cutting off 7 minutes!! That's pretty amazing!

    Www.onemetwomonsters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats (even though I think you're crazy) and welcome back! Seriously, taking 7 minutes off your time is pretty freaking impressive! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the half marathon went well! Congrats on improving your time. That rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyy! That's awesome, congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's an awesome time - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! I'm glad you did well. I am planning on running that half next year. November 13, 2011 is enough time to train I think. Fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...