Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day, everyone.

We should remember the sacrifices that America's veterans have made for us and our freedoms everyday, but especially today. If you know someone who has served, be sure to take the time to thank them today.

(Source)

A Veteran is someone, who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, their life. That is beyond honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer remember that fact.
I don't feel like I have the time or mental energy to write something that would really do justice to this day and all it stands for, so I'll thank my veteran and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...