Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The New Workout Update

I've decided to move my workout updates to Sundays because I think its just a little bit easier to talk about the entire week as a whole instead of breaking it up to report on Wednesdays.

Of course, by moving the updates to Sundays the name doesn't quite have the same "ring" to it as the alliteration of "Wednesday Workout Update."

Such is life.

On to the update.

This week was week #1 of my half marathon training plan. I'm using Hal Higdon's Novice Half Marathon Training Plan, in case you were wondering.

Here's the schedule for this week with what I actually did in italics:

Monday 8/23: Stretch and Strengthen. (Nothing.)
Tuesday 8/24: 3 mile run. (Nothing. AJ and I were driving)
Wednesday 8/25: 2 mile run or cross train. (2.1 miles)
Thursday 8/26: 3 mile run + strength. (3 miles)
Friday 8/27: Rest
Saturday 8/28: 30 minute cross train. (3.7 miles)
Sunday 8/29: 4 mile run. (I'm planning to run tonight)

Honestly, I was hoping to start out my training a little more consistently than I did, but I'm happy with the mileage I got in. I know that getting out and running on the weekend is always my downfall for exercise, so I'm not surprised that I haven't gotten around to running yet today.

I know that the next 12 weeks are going to go by quickly and so I'm going to really make a concentrated effort to not let myself slack over the next few weeks. The snowball effect will kill me. If I start slacking now then I know I'm going to be miserable when the time comes to run 13.1 miles on November 14.

Is anyone else training for a big race? Anyone planning on running the half (or full, kudos to you!) marathon in San Antonio in November? Wanna be training buddies?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! :) I am considering running a half sometime next year, although I have no idea which one :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH I just snagged this to move onto the next training schedule! I've just been running and running with no guidance! Thanks for putting this up!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...