Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Planning a Party!

So D is being promoted to CPT on June 1 along with another 1LT from his battalion. His wife and I were chatting yesterday about what we should do for the reception after the ceremony. We couldn't really decide what kind of food we wanted to do and I think we've settled on making stuff.

Its kind of stressing me out a bit since the movers are supposed to be at our house on the 2nd to pack everything up. We just have a lot going on the next few weeks!

Here's what we're planning on serving:

Ham
Rolls
Spinach Dip
Veggie Tray
Cake
Fudge
Soda
Bottled Water

We are ordering the cake from the commissary and I'm planning to pick up most of the food and drinks at Costco early next week. The unit has a full kitchen so we're going to stick the ham in the oven before the ceremony to heat it through since we're planning on getting one that is pre-cooked.

Have you ever planned a reception like this? What kind of food did you serve? Is there anything you would enjoy seeing at a reception?

2 comments:

  1. i think t hat sounds good... my mom always tells me it's better to have way too much food than not enough! I would probably do another dip - like some sort of salsa dip. I have a really good one that is fast and easy... it's cream cheese, salsa and shredded cheese on top bake it in the oven - it's delicious and always a big hit.

    congrats to your husband! I'm not sure when chris's promotion date is but i know he'll be away :( sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. I was debating whether I wanted to do a taco dip or buffalo chicken dip, but yours sounds yummy and easy! I might go that route!

    Also, D was deployed for his last promotion, so I'm kind of overly excited about this one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...