Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm Addicted

I'm addicted to finding and downloading new apps for my iPhone. I have tons of games and shopping apps. I also like to find the apps that make my everyday life just a bit easier. Here are some of my favorites and what I like about them.

1. Words With Friends:
This is basically Scrabble online. The best part about this game is that you can find people in your contacts list who have the app to play against or the game will go online and find you a random opponent to play against! It's pretty fun when your opponent is with it and plays their moves fairly quickly, but sometimes a game can take a few days to complete!

2. Marple:
This is a game that I found because of my small addiction to Sudoku. I started getting kind of bored with Sudoku when I was up at night feeding AJ and this was a suggestion. I jumped on it and became even more addicted to this game! The bottom half are your clues and the top half of the screen is your game board. Its complicated and kind of confusing to explain, but the app as awesome directions and I was obsessed in no time!

3. Tetris:
Tetris is a classic. There isn't much I can say about it other than that it rocks! This version has all sorts of fun "tools" that you can use to help you once you get to the higher levels of the game. It starts to move pretty fast and I definitely need the extra help. You can also just play the classic version of the game as well.

4. Scramble 2:
You know the game. Think of as many words as you can using these letters. Oh, but you only have 3 minutes. And oh, the letters have to be able to connect in order to play the word. Its hard. Its fun. Its addicting.

I would also be remiss if I didn't mention my other 2 favorite apps.

1. Total Baby:
This app has made me pretty much anal-retentive religious about keeping track of AJ's activities. I do have to add that it has also helped me to know when she is apt to want specific things (such as a nap or a diaper change). I am fairly scatter-brained normally and becoming a mama has only intensified this. I live and die by this app.

2. Yelp:
I love this app. I sit and read the reviews of restaurants to make mental lists of places I want to eat. We don't actually eat out that often, so a lot of times my lists are for naught, but we have found a few favorites using this app. Its also fun because you can use your location and the GPS on your phone to get directions to said restaurants. I should mention that Yelp is not just for restaurants, but has categories for everything. I however have really only used it for food so far.

7 comments:

  1. I love the words with friends! I haven't played in a while, but I do like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these cool apps really make me wanna get an iPhone! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my hubby's friends always has me step in on his Words with Friends game, haha. I won't lie though -- I hate giving the game back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, you just can't beat Tetris. That's a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cool app I found is a grocery list app (there is a free version and version you pay for) and its basically a virtual grocery list and as you check off what you get in the store, it syncs to what you are getting and rearranges to how the store is set up and puts everything in order for next time. It can also sync to multiple phones so if your husband wants something while he is at work, he can add it to the list and it will add it to your list also.

    Im a major list maker so I like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Taylor- That sounds awesome! I ALWAYS make lists when I go to the grocery store and this sounds super cool! Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marple is going to be the death of me! You gave me that game and I am addicted. My iPod is continually out of battery because I play that game all the time!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...