Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

AJ's birthday, the day I became a mom!

I want to wish all the mommies in my life a very happy mother's day today. You have always been very appreciated, but now that I am a mommy myself, I can finally appreciate what a tough job you actually have! I'm just getting started on this journey called motherhood, and I can only imagine where it will take me in the years to come!

My mom and me on my wedding day (duh).

My mom and her first grandchild, AJ.

D has been so sweet to me all day, just doing little things to make my day more special. This morning he brought me coffee and a turkey sandwich (we're out of eggs) in bed. He took the baby so I could have 30 minutes to myself before showering and getting ready for the day. This afternoon we went to a local park (it was packed due to it being Mother's Day and the first nice weekend in the PacNW...70* and sunny!). We (D, AJ, Abby dog, Me and our friend W) walked along the water and enjoyed ourselves and actually ran into one of D's co-workers who was there with his family!

We came home and have been relaxing around the house with the windows open, enjoying the breeze. D fixed me dinner and brought me a healthy glass of red wine to wash it down with. Puppy and baby are both zonked and D and I are watching a movie. To top off all the nice things that he has done for me today, I also am the luckiest and got to go have a massage yesterday afternoon! We went out for dinner last night at one of our favorite places. The weather was so nice that we ate outside!

AJ hanging out while we ate.


D's half eaten gyro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...