Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Our Big Girl!

I briefly mentioned the other day that Miss AJ is quickly approaching her second birthday and with that comes all sorts of interesting and blog-worthy stuff, right?

Hubby and I had been debating for a few weeks when to switch her to a big girl bed. I blogged about it and asked you all for advice, remember? Well, last weekend we moved her furniture around in her bedroom but left the crib in there. The way her stuff was before wasn't going to work with the bed, so we decided that it would be better to get her used to a different arrangement before we moved her out of the crib.

The last nap in the crib (she took all her clothes off).

This past weekend, D had both Friday and Monday off, so we decided that we would take her crib apart and put the twin bed in her room. The bed has a trundle, so we have pulled that out in case she rolls off the side, but otherwise, she's just in a bed. She hasn't had any issues with falling out, which is (obviously) good. She's also been very good so far when it comes to staying in her bed and going to sleep. *Knock on wood.* We only have had one nap (yesterday) where she woke up early and got out of bed and started banging on her bedroom door. She even went right down last night with no issues.
The big girl bed (trundle is not pulled out).

We debated whether we should buy a toddler bed to transition her and in the end we decided not to spend the extra $100 since we already had the twin trundle bed. I'm really kind of shocked at how well she has done so far; I honestly expected a big struggle and I may still get it, eventually (she is my daughter, after all), but all in all, it has been rather painless.

The other exciting bit of news is that we (I) ordered the invitations for her birthday party online this weekend! Also, I may or may not have been accused of "going Etsy overboard" by the hubs. I'm not going to share the details of her party and theme until afterwards, but don't get excited because its on a budget and I'm far from Pinterest-worthy. I will say though, that I'm glad the hubs guilted me out of buying AJ a handmade birthday outfit and tutu from Etsy because I found a super-cute dress and cardigan at Tarjay yesterday morning.

Anyway, that is my little mini toddler-update for all of you who aren't bored to tears by my ramblings about an-almost-two-year-old.

1 comment:

  1. Awww....this is the sad thing about moving, it stinks to not be around for fun things like birthday parties! I can't wait to see what the theme is!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...