Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'd Blog, But All I Want To Do Is Whine and Complain

And no one wants to read that, right?

But seriously, I went to the grocery store this morning to get chicken breasts for dinner tonight and a few other things. I walked to the meat department and all I see are chicken thighs, drumsticks and wings. Seriously? Argh.

I kind of dislike the big frozen packages of chicken breasts, so I walked over to the meat guys (butchers?) and asked if they had any in the back. They informed me that they just got the truck in and were working through it, but that the chicken breasts are at the bottom and its going to be several hours before they get to them. Seriously? Argh.

You would think that they'd be trying to get the chicken breasts out as fast as possible, considering that this is a grocery store, and chicken is kind of popular and all. I mean, I would feel safe betting that beef for stew is not going to sell out before the end of the day (and obviously the chicken breasts were ALREADY SOLD OUT).

Whatever.

I have also noticed over the past few days that I'm not doing a very good job of dealing with things that may not go as I have planned. I've been feeling angry, hurt, upset, etc. and I'm not sure why, but I'm going to try and figure it out (soon). ;)

Part of it may be because I have been trying to cut down on the amount of caffeine I drink, but I don't contribute rage issues to that. If anything, consuming more caffeine hops me up and tends to have that effect, not cutting back, but who knows.

***

I wrote a post on my food blog yesterday about a recipe I made for dinner last night. I actually wrote it before we ate it, so I was hoping it would be good. I wrote it during naptime because that is when I did all the prep. I'm happy to report that it was delicious and I don't have to throw the second casserole dish of it out, but I can stick it in the freezer for sometime next month when D is gone at training*.

Oh, that too. D is going to some training next month and I'll be here alone with AJ for a while. Normally this would not bother me, it is par for the course, and all, but with all the anger and frustration I've been experiencing, I'm worried that I'll feel overwhelmed when he's gone. I mean, we'll both be fine; we'll get through it, but hopefully I can find some "me" time before then to decompress.

That's where I run into the real problem, I think. We're trying to be strict about our budget this year. We're trying to save a lot and pay off some debt. I'd rather have the money in savings than spend it on something else. So I guess my question for you is, what do you like to do for yourself to decompress? Do you have any low-cost, inexpensive or free things you suggest?

*I am using the term "training" very loosely. I'm not going to go into what it is he's doing or how long he's going to be gone, but just be comforted in the fact that he is not actually going to "training", but he will be gone for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I get irrationally angry when the grocery store is out of something I want.

    Come visit me if you get lonely while D is at training! :)

    I always feel like saving vs. spending sucks (and it makes me want to spend more than ever!) but in the long run it feels so good.

    I'm going to email you some of my low/no cost decompress ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but this literally made me laugh! Our only option for chicken breast here is those big bags you don't like and there are times even that is sold out! That is a very bad day!

    I cannot wait until the day when I can return to eating FRESH poultry!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...