Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to the Boring...

Now that I've caught you all up on what we did over Christmas and New Year's I'm back to the boring old posts about doing laundry, vacuuming and unloading the dishwasher (ugh). Since D is back at work, I've been mostly hanging out with AJ, who is becoming increasingly independent, which makes a Mama both happy and sad.

Just yesterday I was folding laundry in the guest room (this is a hint to come visit us so I can use the guest room for something other than laundry) when AJ was playing in her playroom across the hall. She decided she wanted to go downstairs and play with her kitchen/watch tv, so I supervised her descent and then got back to my folding. It was at this time that I realized she was completely entertained and didn't need me.

After spending the past 22 months being totally and completely needed by her for every little thing, this was both a huge relief, but also a sad moment for me. I've spent the past year or so frustrated because I can't make dinner with both arms due to a clingy toddler wanting to be held (NO, NOT BY DADDY, ONLY BY MAMA!!) and now we're starting the next phase. You know, the one where she goes to school, sleeps at friends' houses and gets her driver's license. The phase where I'm not always going to be the most important person in her life.

I knew it would come eventually, but I guess I didn't think it would hit me like this. I realize that she is always going to need me for somethings (I still need my Mom and I'm quickly sliding towards 30), but now that we're out of the clingy phase, I want to go back.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

P.S. I posted new recipes on my food blog yesterday and another is going up today, so if you need some new ideas for dinners, go check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Dude I will come visit! :) (and I hear you on wanting to use the guestroom for guests. I'm considering paying people to come stay with us so it gets used)

    Awww...miss AJ is so independent! I'm sure that's a really bittersweet realization. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me teary! I find myself getting so frustrated with my little 16 month old, because he too only likes to be held by mama and I am mostly never allowed to leave his sight. As much as I think a little more independence would make my life drastically easier, this made me see how much I just might miss the clingy days!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...