Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Drinking The Kool-Aid

One of my unofficial resolutions for 2012 was to read more books and so far, January has started off swimmingly in that aspect! I've officially read 5 books so far and I'm just gaining momentum!

I'm pretty proud of myself, I finally got through The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and while I haven't started the next book yet, I have it and I'm going to read it, soon.

I can't read it right now, though, because I'm really busy reading something else. I started the Harry Potter series last week and I'm steadily making my way through it. I'm really enjoying it so far and I can see why everyone likes the series so much. I'm thoroughly entertained and with each book I read, I'm getting more into it and more excited to finish the series and see the movies at the end.

I decided that since I've never read any of the books nor seen any of the movies (yes, I have been living under a rock for the last 15 years (and yes, the first HP book came out 15 years ago, man that makes me feel old!)) that I'd read them all and then watch all the movies afterwards (probably somewhat consecutively while D is away at training).

I don't know about you, but I am a big fan of book series. Even if there aren't movies made (like the Twilight series, the Millennium series, Harry Potter, etc.) I really enjoy reading series. I think its because I tend to "miss" characters after books are over and with series, the story continues over lots of time.

Part of the reason I've been reading so much is because I finally joined the masses and got an e-reader! I bought myself a Kindle touch with some Christmas money and I'm liking the freedom it gives me to buy a book online and be able to start reading it immediately.

1 comment:

  1. 15 Years?! Really? Ugh, I'm old...glad you are enjoying the series though! I am a series junkie, too... :)

    Have you checked out pixelofink.com? They post all the the free Kindle books.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...