Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Frenzy!

Random mish-mash of a post today. I have a lot of things going on & this is the best way to get them all out!

1. I planned AJ’s birthday party last night. I know I mentioned it before, but last night I sat down and found the decorations I’m going to order, made a list of the people we’re going to invite and wrote down the entire menu for the party. I ran it by husband and afterwards looked into his glazed-over eyes and asked if he thought that was good, to which he replied, “Sounds great, babe!” Check!

2. We’re heading to a brunch playgroup this morning so I decided to make donut muffins again. I made them a few weeks ago and I haven’t stopped thinking about them since then. The best part about them is that I typically have every. single. ingredient in my pantry already so I don’t have to go buy anything when I need want to make them last minute. I am posting the recipe on my food blog for you to enjoy!

3. I’m planning a bloggy BFF meet-up in a few weeks with my bloggy BFF, Moe, and I couldn’t be more excited! So far we have no actual plans other than we are going to meet up. We’re super on top of things! ;)

4. My neighbor across the street decided a few weeks ago that we (the wives and moms on our block) should have a Friday afternoon happy hour to celebrate surviving another week with our kids. Today is the first week its going to happen and I’m looking forward to that cocktail today.

5. I’m going to jump on the nerdy-tax-loving bandwagon and talk about how excited I am to file our taxes this year. We bought our house this year so our return should be beautiful. Now if only USAA would get on board and post our documents that I need to finish them, that would be great!

6. We have already started making lists of things we’re going to purchase with the tax return, once it comes. I’m not going to spoil the surprise now, so check back in a few weeks!

7. I briefly mentioned a few days ago that I am trying to cut back on caffeine a bit, so last week I bought Diet Caffeine-Free Dr. Pepper. Let me tell you, it tastes great, but I’m not fooling myself into thinking that its real Dr. Pepper. I can definitely notice the lack of energy I’m used to after downing a regular Dr. Pepper. I think I’d be faring better with the whole less-caffeine thing if AJ hadn’t decided to also use this week to change her wake-ups from 8:30 am to 5 am. Ugh.

8. Husband woke up with her at 5 am yesterday and got her back to sleep for another 2.5 hours. He’s my savior, by the way. I’m not sure if its me, or what, but he can get her to go back to sleep, but the second I walk into the room, its time to play, play, play and all hopes of sleeping go right out the window!

9. Is anyone else having issues uploading photos to Blogger in Firefox? For some reason they get all distorted and crazy looking, but if I use Safari it works perfectly. This is annoying and the reason for all the picture-less posts lately (I'm too lazy to go over to Safari just to upload pictures). I hate Safari. Sorry if you're a Safari-lover.

10. That’s all for today, folks. I’ve gotta get to mopping the kitchen floors now while I’ve still got time to read HP after I finish. I long for the days when AJ napped for 3+ hours. I got so much stuff done around the house!

TGIF!

4 comments:

  1. My daughter likes to wake at 5 some days. My husband can get her back to sleep, but not me. If she sees me she is out of bed, and pulling me out of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!! I am so so so excited that we finally get to meet! :) Eeek. We may not be on top of the acutal plans yet - but I already know we'll have fun no matter what we do. :)

    I love the Friday happy hour idea. :)

    I'm right with you on the tax return. *Fingers crossed that it's a good one* Can't wait to see what you guys have planned for yours!! Mine won't be anywhere near as exciting - but it will be wedding related.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to move to your neighborhood. Cocktail hour sounds like so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I JUST sat down and planned Levi's birthday party today! I am soo excited :) And I have way too much to do for it, lol! Can't wait to see what you are doing for AJ's party!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...