Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Few Randoms....

I don't have anything to write a whole post about, so you're going to get a little random list of things that are on my mind. Enjoy!

  • Each time I think that AJ has settled into a sleep routine she mixes things up and wakes up a whole bunch during the night. I don't get it! I haven't done anything differently in her bedtime routine, so what gives baby?
  • I have a few trips planned in the next month and I feel like they've been on the books forever, but they're finally in sight! The first is to my college town to reunite with my six (6!) roommates from college and the second is to San Antonio for the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. I'm super excited about both!
  • I'm super scatterbrained and just realized that we never got our security deposit back from our townhouse in Washington. I emailed our landlord yesterday and they didn't have our forwarding address, so the check got mailed out yesterday! (Um, hello Beth, that's quite a bit of money that you forgot about....Mommy brain, anyone?)
  • The dog is currently laying on the ottoman and just started sliding off...Hilarious.
  • Christmas is just around the corner, which means that Thanksgiving is even closer. Both of these facts mean that we're super close to rejoining civilization, moving, and spending time in Florida! Can't wait!
  • We're officially cloth diapering full time and its going pretty well. We've had a few leaky diapers (mostly in the morning when she sleeps the whole night) and I'm still getting used to using the diaper sprayer without drenching my whole bathroom, but we're getting there. I'm happy with the way things have been going so far. Its almost at the point when it doesn't feel any different from using disposables now.
  • Running has been going well this week. One of my IRL friends (oh how well she knows me) suggested on here that I just let it go, not feel guilty about it and start fresh this week. Well, I've run 9+ miles already this week, today is my rest day and I have cross training tomorrow and a long run Saturday. Excited to bust my butt the next month and be ready for the race!
Anyways, that is where I'm at right now. Hopefully you enjoyed this little random glimpse into what my life is looking like right now. AJ just woke up from her nap, so I'm off to get her!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the running!!! That's awesome!

    I love this random post. I want to go to San Antonio! Maybe I'll train up for that half marathon in future years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo was that my wonderful, oh so fabulous piece of advice?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you liking the diaper sprayer? I haven't purchased one because it was out of our price range {for now} and I didn't like the idea of spraying poop all over, but I'm not a fan of rinsing poo diapers out in the tub that we take baths in. As for leaky diapers, Levi does well with his overnight diaper, we always put two liners in, but it seems when he poops if I don't change it right away it will leak. But we are lovin it so far anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel too bad about your security deposit, I forgot to forward my mail and totally forgot about my tax refund. 2011 is right around the corner and I STILL haven't got around to it.. ha!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...