Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shift Change!

If you've ever worked anywhere that worked on shifts, you know how crazy things get at shift change. People are leaving, they're anxious to get home. People are coming, they're not as anxious to get into work.

We've had D's dad and brother here for the weekend and FIL is heading home today. (D's brother is staying for the summer.) Friday my parents, brother, sister and their significant others are coming to town for the long weekend. Essentially, we've got our very own shift change going on here this week!

Ours is a little different though. The people heading home are dragging their feet, while the newcomers are chomping at the bit to get here!

We've had a great time with Grandpa and we're sad to see him go, but I'm also very excited to see my family (especially my sister who has been in Australia for the last 3 months) and spend time with them. We have a busy weekend planned, so you may or may not see me for a few days! Ha!

I have to get the house cleaned up, guest rooms ready for the new visitors and laundry done! Not to mention the food that needs to be prepared before Friday.

Like I said, I'll see ya next week! Ha!

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Busy time! Have fun with all your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Have lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time with your family! There's really nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...