Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

D's Aunt Debbie with me and AJ at AJ's baptism.

In honor of Mother's Day I have decided to do a photo post of all the mothers in our life.

Me with my Dad's parents the first time they met AJ.

D and I are lucky to have many strong women in our life and we know that they will do anything for us. Between our grandmothers, my mom, and D's aunt, we have lots of maternal support!

My mom and her first grand-baby!

D and I have known each other for a long time, and we are both very close with each other's families.

Me and my mom at my wedding.

I know that I could call D's grandma or Aunt for anything and they would make sure to help me out, and he can do the same with my mom or grandmas. I mean, his Aunt took me shopping for my engagement ring!

My mom's mom, Grammy, and AJ, last summer.

We don't live close to any of our families, so any chance we get to take AJ to see them, we jump at! Lots of my family lives in Ohio, and AJ and I had a chance to visit them there last summer so they could meet her for the first time!

D and my mom at a wedding last summer.

It was a whirlwind trip, and at times it was stressful trying to maximize the amount of time we had with the different families. In the end, though, I was glad that we were able to see everyone and let them meet AJ for the first time!

My brother walking my Grammy and Grandad down the aisle at my wedding.

AJ is the first grandchild for everyone, including the first great-grandchild for all of our grandparents. I have all four of my grandparents and D has two, so to be able to see them interact with their first great-grandchild is really priceless.

D's grandparents and Dad at our wedding.

We consider ourselves lucky to have all the women in our lives that we do, not just on Mother's Day, but every day.

D's Aunt Debbie the first time she met AJ.

And I have to thank my mom for dealing with all the crap I put her through growing up. I know that it wasn't easy to raise such a strong-willed, stubborn child, but I am eternally grateful to her for making sure that I always knew that I was worth it and empowering me to believe in myself.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful bonnet and dress on AJ!

    My family and childhood friends sometimes called me AJ...I was Amanda Jane:)

    Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...