Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Nautically Inspired Master Bedroom

Going along with my window shopping post from yesterday, I wanted to post another option for my Master bedroom and sitting room.

Now, just because I'm entertaining the idea of redecorating doesn't mean that I'm going to buy all this stuff (we are window shopping, after all) but I'm trying to get ideas because we do need some stuff for the room, and the easiest way for me to decide what I want is to plan an entire room!

I'll start out the same way I did yesterday, by giving you a little background on the room itself.



Here are a few views of the room as it is right now. The first is a picture of the bedroom and the second is a picture of the sitting room from the opposite wall.

A few of the things we have in here are:

beige walls,


a beige bed,


and 17 3 of these dressers, plus a book case and another tall dresser in the same style/color combo. (We obviously love ikea.)

Since yesterday's theme was a yellowy-brown-beige theme, I thought it would be fun to try a new color combo/style with today's post!


I absolutely adore this bedding. I've had my eye on it for a while and I keep coming back to it. Seriously, folks, when it comes to paisley, I have a problem.


I also thought it might be nice to paint the bedroom half of the room this dusty blue color (or maybe a shade or two lighter). I think it would help highlight our furniture a little better than the beige-on-beige combo we have going on right now does.


For the sitting room, I love this chair. I love it even more because I'd get two of them for the sitting room! I think these pillows are a fun and whimsical way to add a little texture to the chairs!

In between the two chairs I'd put this table:


In front of the chairs I like this coffee table:


And across the room, next to the bathroom door, would be this dresser for the whiner's D's clothes.


Let's add a little lighting to the room, shall we? First, we have the chandelier for the sitting room:


For some mood task lighting we'd place a floor lamp flanking the chairs. I like these ones:

And to remedy our ugly fan problem, I'd have the hubs a professional install this ceiling fan over our bed:

I would find somewhere to put two of these cubes in the room:

Lastly, and most importantly, some accessories! This shutter screams "beach" to me!


And this porthole mirror is a fun way to bring the boat into your bedroom!

Next, we have lots of little knick-knacks that I think would tie the whole room together! I would just place them on table tops and around the room, where ever they fit!






Lastly, I found a few pieces of art that I think would tie the room together. The coral pieces are simple enough to accent the decor, while the clock isn't totally nautical, but the weathered look seems beachy to me!



And there you have it, folks! The other dream-theme for my Master bedroom/sitting room! Now all we need is thousands of dollars and we're there! Ha!

I'd love to know what you all think of my imaginary designs!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Peaceful, relaxing, classy, and an interesting take on the nautical theme. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...