1. How many pets do you have? And what type? submitted by Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl
Remember when I said that we were getting two more dogs? Well, one (or both) of them went crazy on AJ and as a parent, I can't have that, so we had to give them back to the guy we got them from. So, for now, we just have AbbyDog, the neurotic beagle.
2. What are your favorite projects to do while hubby is away? submitted by my-inspired-nest
Huh? I'm not really a project type of person. I like to do little things that produce a noticeable change immediately or else I'm tempted to quit! For D's first deployment, my only project was getting a job. It wasn't a good job, but it was a job, so I checked that one off the list!
3. What are the must-haves in your deployment care packages? submitted by Christine's Little Blog
I always sent booze, porn and pork. JK! Usually it was chewing tobacco because he was almost never at the FOB and it was way too hard for him to try to get to the PX to buy it. I also sent lots of books and DVDs. The most popular thing I sent was cake in a jar though!
4. If you could star in any TV show, which would it be? submitted by Just a Girl
Hmm, I'm tempted to Real Housewives because then I'd be rich, but then I think about all the crazy drama they have in their lives and I don't want to be anywhere near that! Probably Family Guy because no one would care if I looked like crap at work!
5. What was the biggest hurdle that you faced during your/your significant other's first deployment? submitted by The Pavlik Perspective
Getting over myself. We had only been married for a few weeks when he left and I decided to stay at Ft. Hood. I didn't know very many people at first and I had this victim mentality. After I got over it and realized that my situation wasn't unique and no one owed me anything, I actually had some fun! Now I am able to look back and be proud of myself for how much I grew during that year!
Did Someone Say ProYo... Ice Cream Season is Here!
22 hours ago