Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 14, 2011

The Great Appetizer Cook-Off of 2010!

I'm not sure if I completely explained the Florida vacation to all of my lovely readers. D's family celebrates Christmas on Christmas Eve, and traditionally we spend Christmas Day with my family. Well, my parents bought a condo in Florida about a year ago and we all decided that instead of hanging out in the cold weather for Christmas, we should spend time together in Florida!

So, bright and early Christmas morning D, AJ and I packed up the Jeep and drove to Florida. After spending Christmas night in a hotel (and driving through some crazy snowy weather in TN), we arrived early in the afternoon of the 26th and spent the next 12 days in Florida! It was heavenly!

My parents were already there when we arrived and then my sister and her boyfriend were the next ones there, followed by my brother and his girlfriend. We had already made plans for dinner for most of the nights we would be there, but there was one night that was stumping us. My mom had the genius idea to have an appetizer cook-off (I think its secretly because she didn't want to have to cook for all of us)!

There weren't many rules to the competition, but each person was to choose an appetizer recipe and then prepare it for the group. My mom would be the judge and the winner got, well, nothing.

I made sure to take pictures of all the recipes after they were completed and I vowed to my family that I would make them famous post their recipes on my blog for all to see! So we'll start with the first dish to be served:

1. Buffalo Chicken Dip
(Recipe submitted by my brother's girlfriend, M)

Sorry for the crappy picture, M! This was so, so, so good people!

1 original flavored rotisserie chicken
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 8oz blocks plain cream cheese (room temperature)
1 bottle of hot sauce
1 cup of ranch dressing or to taste

Tortilla chips

Shred rotisserie chicken in large bowl. Add cream cheese. Mix well. Slowly add shredded cheese, hot sauce, and ranch to taste. Stir until mix well. Put into cooking pan, sprinkle cheese on top. Heat in oven for 20 min @ 325 degrees or until hot and bubbly. Serve hot with tortilla chips.

Stay tuned tomorrow for the next recipe!!

1 comment:

  1. This one looks awesome. I sort of like that the picture shows it half eaten. That way you know it's good!!! :) Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...