Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Appetizer Recipe #3: Roasted Tomato Bruschetta

Recipe #3, here we come! For the first two recipes from our cook-off, here they are: recipe #1 and recipe #2.

My sister (who was sick the day of the competition) rose from the dead to make this appetizer. Let me tell you, it was delish! In fact, I'm pretty sure that she won the award for best "comeback" in the competition. If you want to switch up your usual bruschetta recipe, try this one!

3. Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
(Recipe submitted by my sister, A)

This was really good too!

2 packages of grape tomatoes
1/2 lb fresh mozzarella
fresh basil
french bread
olive oil
salt
pepper

Spread the tomatoes out on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes burst open.

Dice mozzarella into little pieces.

In a large bowl, lightly mash the tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil (as much as you like).

Cut the bread on the diagonal and toast slices in the broiler for about 2 minutes. Carefully spoon the tomato mixture onto the bread slices and serve. ENJOY!

Check back again tomorrow for the next recipe!

3 comments:

  1. I big pink puffy heart bruschette....I will be making this ASAP! heck, I might even have it for dinner one night while the hubs is TDY =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great (and easy)! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks amazing!!! i may just try it and see if it is going to replace my current recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...