Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Great News!

The doctor's appointment went really well on Tuesday and we got to hear the heart beat (175!) and the midwife said that it sounded strong and steady, which she was happy about. My next appointment is 18 September, so I just have to wait until then to hear the heart beat again!

Since the appointment went well we started to tell everyone that we hadn't told yet. I will be 12 weeks on Saturday, so we figured that hearing the heartbeat and being almost out of the first trimester we are pretty safe in telling people.

So the parts of the day that make it great are as follows.

#1: I called Tricare to see if I still needed to call and make my ultra sound appointment for 20 weeks since I am doing centering and not regular appointments. The girl at Tricare didn't know, but I called the midwife number and she was able to schedule my appointment right then on the phone! I wasn't supposed to call and make the appointment until I was between 13 and 14 weeks, so I am glad it is done!

#2: My parents are coming to visit for the weekend and they will be here tonight! We are picking them up at the airport later on! I am excited to see them since I haven't seen them since we were home on block leave. We are staying in a hotel one of the nights, so that should be a fun time too! We will also get a chance to do the fun "tourist-y" activities in and around the area while they are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...