Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Moving Time Is Here!

It is getting down to the wire and the movers are coming on Thursday to pack all of our stuff and Friday to load it onto the truck. Dan and I decided that we will make the guest room the "do not pack" room and put all the stuff we are planning on taking in the cars in there. That should keep it separate from all the rest of the stuff and make sure there is no confusion.

Since they are coming in a few days, that means that today and tomorrow I have to go through the house and get all the stuff together that we are taking in the cars. I also have to separate clothes that we are packing and clothes we are moving. On top of all that, I want to make sure that everything is clean so that it isn't nasty and gross when we actually get it delivered to us in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, I am being lazy and not motivated at all to start doing any of these things. I just keep telling myself that I have tomorrow to do it, even though I know that I won't have enough time to do it all tomorrow and I won't feel like doing it tomorrow either.

The upside is that I talked to the landlord today and he informed me that he moved us to a different unit because the neighbors are "nicer" and that the water and power will already be turned on when we get there on the 5th. I am so excited, because that means one less night in a hotel and one more day we can spend actually unpacking and getting settled. I want to be able to go through the house before our stuff comes to make sure everything is clean and all that.

Crazy times ahead! One week from today we are off on Oregon Trail 2k9!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...