Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Dinner Date!

Last night we had D's best friend and his new girlfriend (?) over for dinner. For some reason, I was completely weird and out of it and was struggling with the cooking and timing part of everything. They said they were going to be over between 6:30 and 7, so I decided to start making the appetizers at 6:25ish.

Well, needless to say, they got to our house about 6:35 and the appetizers were not done and dinner was not started. I was hoping to have the apps done and dinner simmering away when they got here. Oh well, we got to chat and enjoy the (awkward) company while dinner was cooking.

The good news is, D likes her! D and his best friend have this weird relationship where we joke about them being hetero-sexual life partners. These two guys are attached at the hip and basically disapprove of anyone the other person is dating (I finally was approved after a while!). Anyway, he said to me after they left, "I am really surprised at the fact that I liked her!" The fact that N was willing to introduce us to her was already a big statement!

This is a big step for D and N in their relationship. Good thing my standards aren't so high anymore. It was a bitch to live up to it! I can be friends with whomever I please and D can bitch about it, but his opinion doesn't really matter until I want him to come out to dinner with the spouses. LOL.

The countdown continues...11 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...