Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a fun and busy weekend with my family.  It was a good thing they came to visit because I think we would have been really bored here alone with D gone!

Everyone arrived late Thursday night (technically very early Friday morning) and went straight to bed.  Friday morning AJ was up bright and early and I tried to corral her into my room until a decent hour so as to let everyone recover from their late nights traveling.

Unfortunately the Marine Corps and their artillery had other ideas and the booms started around 6:45!  That woke everyone up pretty quickly so we decided that lots of coffee was necessary.  We mostly just hung around all morning and decided to head to a neighboring town for a yummy lunch.  After lunch AJ, my mom and I headed back to the house for AJ's (my) nap and the others followed about an hour later.

Friday night we just decided to stay home and cook dinner on the grill.  We got AJ to bed and made a bonfire and just hung around and talked for a while.

Saturday we were going to go to the State Fair and decided that we didn't want to rush to get up there and back, so we chose to stay here.  We had breakfast of pumpkin french toast bake (I pinned it a few days ago, link is in a post last week) and then played in the yard for a while.  We grilled for lunch again and put AJ down for a nap.  While she slept we all watched football (the Ohio State game was crazy) and after her nap we took her to the playground.

At some point this weekend AbbyDog knocked over my kitchen garbage can trying to scavenge for food and she broke it.  It no longer opens when you step on the foot step part.

We came back home and sent my dad up to town to pick up the dinner that we ordered.  After dinner everyone but AJ, my mom and me went to the corn maze at the pumpkin patch.  They got home late and were talking about how awesome it was.

This morning they all had to get up and leave early to make the drive/flight home.  AJ and I got dressed and headed to Target to look for a new garbage can and grabbed lunch on the way home.  I got a garbage can but its smaller than the one we have so I think I'm going to return it and keep looking.  The only issue I'm having is that I don't want to spend $100 on a garbage can.  The one I have now (the broken one) was about $80 and lasted about 2 years.  The new one I'm going to return is much smaller, but was only $50.  I think I'm going to try and get the same one I have at Walmart this week sometime.

I know y'all are super intrigued by my kitchen garbage can dilemma, so I'll leave it at that today!

Tomorrow AJ and I are driving an hour north for an opthamology appointment for her, so that means another day of fun lies ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Garbage can woes- I feel your pain. I hate our current (super cheap) garbage can, but I'm like you- I can't stand to shell out big money for something to throw my trash into. I do need a taller one though. Our current can is the exact same height as Sam's face. And that is not a good thing...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...