Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Traditions

As time continues to move forward, I'm determined to check items off my imaginary Fall bucket list before Thanksgiving rolls around and I got to thinking.  What are some of your favorite activities to do in the Fall?

As AJ is getting older, I've been trying to plan more fun activities that get us out of the house so she doesn't get bored and because I also want to create traditions as well as fun memories for our little family.  Not that she will remember them yet anyway.

Some of the things we're planning to do in October are:
  • Halloween movie night in the park (hopefully multiple times).
  • Visiting the NC State Fair in Raleigh when my family is in town.
  • Picking out pumpkins for our front porch Jack O Lanterns.
  • Making applesauce in the crockpot with AJ,
  • Halloween arts and crafts to pull out of the attic each year.
  • No Scare Fair for the little kids with our MOPs group.
  • Trunk or Treat with D's battalion.
  • Trick or Treating on Halloween in our neighborhood.
These activities are among our normal weekly activities that seem to be quickly filling our calendar for the month.  How is it that October is always the busiest month of the year?

via

via

via
I'm interested in the types of fall activities you and your kids and families like to do.  Is there anything that screams fall that I seem to be missing?  I know we're not planning to go apple picking, which is a big one.  We also already went to the pumpkin patch, so we're probably just going to get our pumpkins at the Farmer's Market or the grocery store.  Lame, I know.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't really scream fall...but I think we're going to go to the Carolina Tiger Rescue one of these weekends. Kind of pricey but I'm a sucker for pretty animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a great fall list! My daughter can't wait to carve a pumpkin this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to carve pumpkins with AJ! Or maybe paint the little mini pumpkins?!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...