Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Stump Burning and My Labor Day

We didn't have much planned for the long weekend, but we did know that our neighbors cut down a dead tree a few weeks ago.  After cutting the tree down, they realized that there was no way they were going to be able to pull the stump out of the ground.  They decided that they wanted to burn it by basically having a bonfire on top of it.  Sunday night we grabbed a little cooler we had filled with beer and headed over.

We chatted and laughed and had a grand ol' time!

This morning I woke up and felt like total crap!  Oops.

I had some coffee and some water and was starting to feel a little more normal, but as is typical when I enjoy beers, I was feeling very hungry around 2 pm.  I decided that instead of eating something and then making dinner a few hours later that I'd just make dinner at 2.  (Oh yeah, I'm really weird.)

I made "soothing lettuce wraps" which are also known as Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Kimchi Pancakes, which turned out more like Kimchi Dumplings.

As "dinner" was just about finished, I got a text from my neighbor across the street who wanted to know if I wanted some pie.  Um, hello!?

So she brought over what was more like a custard, but seriously so delicious.  It was a pear custard pie.  Yum!

I don't know about you, but when you are feeling a little under the weather (okay, hungover), there is nothing better than a big, mid-afternoon meal to make your headache disappear.

1 comment:

  1. The soothing lettuce rolls sound absolutely delicious.

    -Samudaworth Tree Service

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...