Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Thinking About A Hiatus

Lately I feel as if I've lost my blogging mojo if you will.  The thought has crossed my mind to shut down shop.  I'm not completely sure that I want to delete my blog (because then it will be gone forever) so I'm thinking about taking a little break.

What led me to this decision is the fact that I'm struggling to find interesting topics to blog about.  Our daily life right now is rather boring (unless you count non-stop toddler tantrums as fun and exiting).  I'm not one to blog for the comments, but I've found that my most heart-felt posts and the ones that I feel strongly about typically generate the most comments.  When I'm forcing things just to put a post up a few times a week...*crickets.*

There have been a lot of cobwebs and crickets around these parts lately and to me, that means that the content on my blog has been less than substantial. 

Instead of closing down shop completely, I'm going to take a little break.  I may post something on occasion, but for the most part, I'm not going to pressure myself to write about boring stuff just to have something to post.

I'll still be on Twitter (@ThisAmericanWif) and Facebook, for those of you who know me in real life, and I'll continue reading your blogs and commenting as much as I normally do, but unless I suddenly get a wave of inspiration, I'm logging off Blogger for a while.

Basically, nothing, including this blog, is going to change (you know, since I've been a terrible blogger anyway).

6 comments:

  1. Are you still going to post recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! I've been struggling to find things to write about as well. Mostly because I haven't sat still long enough to collect my thoughts and write! I've been so MIA lately too. Sometimes that's ok...just don't delete! I love reading your blog too much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's good to take a hiatus now and then, especially if you're not enjoying it. Soon you'll miss it and you'll be back with some great stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope to see you blogging agian soon but it's ok because i took a little break too and ended up really missing it - hence why i came back with a new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have felt this way and done the same thing. Sometimes it gets overwhelming when you feel like you HAVE to try to think of something witty of interested to entertain people that frankly, you don't know. I felt the same way...and then one day, the joy came back and I enjoy it again. So enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...