Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Don't Judge Me, But....

I'm a judger.

Whenever someone starts a story with this statement I automatically get ready to judge away.  Don't you?  I mean, they obviously know that whatever it is they're about to say is probably going to get them judged, that is why they qualified their statement, right?

But honestly, shouldn't we judge them?

Obviously there are situations in which we know that the actions of the person are out of the norm, and I'm willing to let it slide.  I'm talking about the people who continuously do things that they beg you not to judge them for. 

I just tend to think that if you have to ask people not to judge you for something you are choosing to do, then maybe you shouldn't do it in the first place.  Just sayin'.

If you intentionally make a poor decision and choose to tell me about it, I might not admonish you verbally, but you can bet your a$$ I'm silently making my own opinions about you and most likely judging you for it.

And you know what?  I hope that if I do something that is irresponsible or otherwise reflects poorly on me, that you'll judge me too.  I think it keeps us honest and makes people consider their actions ahead of time.  Judging is a good thing, people!

*I'm not thinking of any recent situation in particular, but this thought has just been floating around in my head for a few weeks now and I wanted to share.

Also, I posted a new recipe on my food blog today (the first since July, go ahead, judge away).  Go check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha.... I feel you there. I don't even know why people start a statement with those words...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone judges others whether they'd like to think they so or not. we might as well all come to terms with it!
    --Erinn
    new follower!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...