Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Marathon Training: Day 2

I ran my first of many training runs yesterday morning and unfortunately for me, it was only like the hottest freaking day ever. I literally felt like I was running on the surface of the sun under water. That is how hot and sweaty I was, plus my legs felt like blocks of lead.

I got a little spoiled when I was back in Hometown, USA doing some running. It was nice and cool, plus the roads there are very flat. Here, not so much. Its basically the opposite of that, with lots of hills and extreme temperatures. Added to that is the stroller and the fact that I haven't run in about 2 weeks, and today was not exactly the way I was hoping to start my training for this marathon.

I did run just over 3 miles in about 33 minutes. I don't consider that to be too bad, considering the circumstances. Its definitely not the pace that I'm hoping to maintain for most of my runs, but I'm sure that with time I'll pick up the pace. I also made sure to stretch well both before and after my run today and so far I'm feeling pretty good, muscle-wise.

I have another 3 mile run this morning and I'm hoping to get out a little earlier than I did yesterday. Yesterday morning we didn't get out until after 9 am, and I think that had a big effect on the run. If we had gone earlier the temperatures wouldn't have been quite as bad. I'm also hoping that as the summer winds down, and my mileage increases, the temperature will decrease, making my runs a little easier.

So there you have it folks, my first real day of running is completed and I lived to tell you all about it (and run again)!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! I just got in my second run this week after SEVERAL weeks of being running-less due to this crazy move! Felt so good! Keep up the good work...one day I might be as ambitious as you are! I've yet to run a 5K...but it's on my list for this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...