My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011


I just need to apologize for dropping off the face of the Earth! I had lots of plans to get stuff done around the house and blog and all that. Then I got sick.

I am still not 100% (nor am I sure what the heck was wrong with me), but as of this morning, I'm feeling much, much better than I was.

Saturday night I went to a birthday party for one of my book club ladies. I had a margarita and came home around midnight. On my way home I was stopped at a random intersection (everyone was) and asked for my driver's license. I produced it and was told to be on my way. I got home a few minutes later, chatted with D and basically went straight to bed.

Sunday morning I woke up at 7 (like I do every morning) and had my coffee and relaxed until AJ woke up. We played and had fun until about 10:30 when I started feeling crappy. At 11:15 I fed AJ her lunch and then put her down for her nap as soon as she was done. I went into my bedroom and fell asleep (apparently oblivious to AJ crying down the hall) until 1:45 when D came in and woke me up. It was then that he realized that I wasn't going to be much help, so he took her out on the boat for an hour, then put her down for another nap around 3.

She wasn't having the nap, so at 3:30 I got her up and decided to start making dinner. I had planned to make Gumbo for dinner, and since all the stuff was already defrosted and ready, I decided to still make it. I am telling you, I have no idea how I was able to make Gumbo feeling the way I did.

I sat down at the table for dinner, ate some rice and went to lay down on the couch for a while. Almost 2 hours later I woke up in time to help D bathe AJ before we put her to bed. After reading her bedtime stories and laying her down, I went to bed myself.

Monday morning I woke up and thought that I might feel a tad better than Sunday, but boy was I wrong! I was able to get a shower in and then I spent the rest of the day alternating between laying on the bathroom floor in front of a box fan playing with AJ and sleeping in my bed while AJ napped. The only other thing I did was eat popsicles while AJ ate her meals.

My view from my spot on the bed. Someone was being naughty...but she was very pleased with herself. :)

Monday afternoon I started to feel a tad better, and when D got home from work he made me soup and a grilled cheese. I ate the soup and half the sandwich and was able to get AJ to bed before having to lay down again myself. I lasted a whole 30 minutes on the couch before I told D I was going to bed for the night at 8 pm.

I woke up when D came up to bed at about 11:30 last night and felt a tad better. I read through some blogs and drank some water until 12:30 when I went back to bed. Luckily for me, I am feeling tons better today. I was able to get up and eat this morning, I've been drinking lots of water and have eaten breakfast and lunch today. AJ had a doctor appointment this morning for a shot, and we went to that and I felt well enough to entertain a 15 month old at the doctor's office (no small feat).

I honestly have no idea what is wrong with me. I felt like I had the worst hangover of my entire life for 2 straight days. I'm just thankful that I didn't physically get sick and that so far (knock on wood) it appears that whatever I had wasn't contagious because AJ has been fine.

Anyways, that was a long story, I just wanted to let you all know what's been going on and explain where I've been the past few days.

Now I have to get caught up on everything because AJ and I are heading to Hometown, USA in a week for some fun with the family and some wedding festivities! I was planning to do a lot of laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc., these past few days and being laid up has definitely put me behind schedule!


  1. I am sorry you havent been feeling well! I hope you have a fun time in a week with your family!

  2. When I was reading this, I was literally thinking "that sounds like how you feel when you are hung ver." Obviously I know that wasn't the case! I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!

  3. That sounds so miserable... :( I'm so sorry. But that is the cutest picture of AJ! I love it. She looks so happy.


I'd love to know what you think...