Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Beautiful Girl

I haven't been blogging about AJ very often, and since she is one of the most important things in my life, she should be the center of my blog, right?

A few updates on Miss AJ:

She started cutting her first molar last week and a few days ago, we noticed that she officially has a molar! This brings the tooth total up to 6, three on the bottom in the front and three on the top, two in the front and the molar.

One of her new favorite things to do is play outside in the yard! My parents got her a water play table for her birthday and when its warm enough she likes to splash around and create tidal waves for the little boats. She is finally starting to grow out of the tendency to put everything in her mouth, so being outside is a lot more fun for me because I'm not constantly snatching things out of her hands.

She is starting to be more social! We went to the PX the other day and she was waving at everyone. When they would look at her she'd smile and say, "hi!" It is the cutest thing and it makes everyone smile. She is such a joy to take in public because she loves to have all the attention on her, which she can usually get!

Along the same lines, she has started to actually talk some. When we ask her what sound a Pup pup makes, she will tell us, "woo woo!" That is how she says woof! More than that, she is definitely creating her own version of baby sign language. When she wants water, she licks her lips. She will also do this if we say "water" or if either of us takes a drink from a cup. She also points at everything! Whenever she points at something I try and tell her what it is because I know she's trying to place names with things. She seems especially interested in lights.

She has started to play with her toys now as well. When she picks up a soft toy or a stuffed animal, she will bring it up to her head and "cuddle" with it. She also does this on command when either D or I say, "Aww, that is so sweet!" It is literally the cutest thing ever.

So obviously, I need to update everyone on the little miss more often! I didn't realize how much stuff she has started doing that I need to write about and share! I created this blog initially as a means to keep my family updated on AJ, so I want to make sure that I do that.

2 comments:

  1. I love the water thing with her tongue! She has already started hyper-hydrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post! I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...