Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Denial's Not Just a River In Egypt {Picture Heavy Post}

I'm in major denial.

One year ago today.


Today is my baby's first birthday.

Holding my daughter for the first time.


AJ's first car ride (home from the hospital).


Meeting Grandma for the first time.


I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that I can no longer call her my baby. As my first child, she will always be my baby, but now my baby is a toddler.

Making googley-eyes at Daddy.


Hanging with Uncle Billy for the first time.


Napping on Grandpa.


Rockin' the shades.


One of my favorite pictures ever.


Making silly faces with Daddy.


Seriously, where has the time gone? I can't believe that a year ago today I was meeting my precious girl for the first time. It seems hard to believe that a year ago she was a stranger to us and now we feel like she has always been a part of our little family.

Moving for the first time.


AJ after getting caught in a rain storm.


AJ and Aunt Abby hanging out in FL.


AJ meeting my Dad's parents.


AJ meeting my Mom's parents.


Standing up in her crib for the first time.


Playing on Halloween.


Being silly at lunch.


AJ's first Halloween!


Swimming in FL.


I never thought I'd love someone as much as I love my daughter. Being a parent has changed my outlook on a lot of things, and now I am starting to understand how my mom must have felt when I was a baby.

Our new house (AJ's second move)!


AJ's Baptism.


Happy girl!


Eating breakfast at the beach in FL.


So, to the person who has changed my life more than anyone ever will, Happy Birthday, baby girl! Daddy and I love you very, very much.

My big girl.

10 comments:

  1. Awww Happy Birthday, AJ!

    And for what it's worth, we are approaching Cookie's second birthday and I still call her "the baby."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, AJ! Such a sweet tribute to your little baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday AJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics are beautiful! It's amazing how much they grow and change in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Niece AJ! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday AJ!! I loved getting to see all the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! I can't believe our babies are a year either :( Time for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet, sweet post! What wonderful pictures. She is a beautiful girl and you are one lucky mama! Happy birthday to her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Running a few days behind in my blog reading. Happy Happy birthday precious little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...