Its been a while since I participated in a MilSpouse Friday Fill-In, so I decided it was time to jump back into it! Head over to Wife of a Sailor to link up!
1. What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
I absolutely must have my iPhone. I'm obsessed with it, but I don't think I'm one of those annoying people who ignores the other people around them to text/play games/check Facebook, etc. Sorry if you're one of those people, but that annoys me a lot!
2. How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
Its not quite as fun as I thought it would be, but there are a lot of positives to it that I never expected as a kid. I also always knew as a little kid that I'd be a mom (and would hopefully be able to stay home with my kids), but as an older kid I didn't think that I'd already be a stay at home mom! I do have to admit though, that according to a project we did in first grade, my dream was to be a cashier (seriously), and I think my life is much better now than it would be had all my first grade dreams come true!
3. What is your favorite chocolate recipe? submitted by Our First Deployment
My chocolate covered pound cake that I made on Valentine's Day. You can find the recipe here.
4. How do you deal with military life when it gets to be too much or too hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
I build a bridge and get over it. I guess I don't really understand this question. What can I do about it? This is a life that my husband and I chose for ourselves and our family, so when things seem unfair or hard, I just remember that the military offers our family lots of benefits and stability that is hard to come by in this economy. Yes, it can be hard, but its a job and I'm proud of my husband for doing it.
5. What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment? submitted by The Albrecht Squad
Stay busy, be positive, ask for help if you need it, and don't ever watch the news!
A Nashville Experience | The Grand Ole Opry
4 hours ago