Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Training Update and Our Lazy Sunday

I haven't updated on my half marathon training lately and I wanted to let you all know that I have been really consistent. I am really happy with how I've been doing because I am starting to feel a lot stronger and even though running isn't "fun" yet, it isn't dreadful anymore either!

As always, my training plan is listed first, followed by what I actually did in italics.

Monday 9/13: 3.5 mile run (3.56 miles)
Tuesday 9/14: 2 mile run (Rest, it was raining)
Wednesday 9/15: 3.5 mile run (3.58 miles)
Thursday 9/16: Rest (2.02 miles)
Friday 9/17: 40 minutes cross train (Rest)
Saturday 9/18: 5 mile run (5.02 miles)
Sunday 9/19: Stretch and Strengthen (2.06 miles)

Total mileage: 16.24 miles

Over the past few weeks I've noticed that my biggest problem is that we get sidelined by rain. Well folks, no more excuses! I ordered a weather cover for the jogging stroller and it came yesterday, so next time it rains, we can still head out and run. I'm really excited about this because I love to run in the rain (especially since its still pretty warm here, about 80 degrees)!

On another note, I'm not sure that I mentioned that my little brother moved to the city near us. Well, today he came out to the boonies to visit with us and hang out for the day. I made homemade French Onion Soup and brownies (from the box) and we just relaxed and watched football and played with Miss AJ. It was a great day!

I also realized that its been a while since I posted pictures of AJ... so come back tomorrow for Mamarazzi Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...