Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Double Chocolate Chunk Mocha Cookies

This next cookie is a more "grown-up" cookie. As a kid, I wasn't really a big fan, but as an adult, they're one of my favorites. Its a little bit of work, but I really appreciate the effort my Mom puts into making these bad boys every year.

If you like chocolate (and who doesn't?) these are a must make.

***

Double Chocolate Chunk Mocha Cookies
8 Squares semisweet chocolate, divided

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar

2 T instant coffee
1 egg

1 t vanilla
1/2 t baking powder

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 t salt

Melt one square of chocolate.


Cut 3 squares of chocolate into 1/2 inch chunks and set aside. (I sometimes just use chocolate chips for this part because it is very hard to cut up the chocolate squares).


Beat butter until light and fluffy, gradually beat in sugars and coffee. Mix in egg and vanilla; stir in melted chocolate. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Stir in chocolate chunks. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drop by Tablespoonful about 2" apart on parchment paper covered cookie sheets. Bake 8 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets and then cool on a wire rack.


Melt remaining chocolate. Dip 1/2 of the top of each cookie in chocolate and let chocolate set.


***

These are so delicious, but they're not too sweet because you use the semi-sweet chocolate blocks.

This completes my all-time favorite Christmas cookie line up. In case you missed any of them, here they are:

Iced Shortbreads
Buckeyes
Holly Wreaths

1 comment:

I'd love to know what you think...