Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Thoughts Bouncing Around

I don't really have one solid thing to post about right now and I tend to like reading the random posts that people just talk about whatever is on their minds. I'm going to do it!
  • I have been watching an incredible amount of t.v. this week. To the point where I think I need to just stop. Its too bad that I love t.v. and will continue to watch 24/7.
  • I set my DVR to record Most Eligible Dallas and it recorded Millionaire Matchmaker instead. Seriously? That is annoying.
  • I went to the doctor this morning and I was running late. I got there approximately 13 minutes after my scheduled time and they told me I had to reschedule. This wouldn't bug me if I didn't have to wait at LEAST 15 minutes past my scheduled appointment time in the waiting room each and every time I have an appointment there. I even called on the way there to let them know I was running late so they might be able to see someone who was already there. I understand that I was late, but seriously? How freaking rude!
  • This, coupled with some other negative experiences I've had with my PCM (read: this was the first appt available in 2 weeks) is prompting me to seriously consider changing my PCM. I expect to receive poor service and experience long wait times when I'm seen on post, but I chose a civilian provider to avoid this. If I wanted to wait half a month to be seen I'd go to the MTF.
  • Not sure if I ever mentioned the fact that when we moved here this was supposed to be our last move for a long while. Well, notice that I said it WAS SUPPOSED to be. Everything changed over the past two weeks and its looking more and more like we're going to be moving at least once but probably twice in the next two years. Awesome. So glad we bought our dream house here.
  • I'm planning to spend AJ's naptime moving our lawn furniture and other stuff into the garage so it doesn't blow around with all the storms and wind we're expecting tomorrow.
  • I don't know if you heard, but there's a hurricane heading this way. Oh, you heard?
  • I really can't wait for this weekend to be over so I can stop listening to everyone (and I mean everyone) freak out about the storm. Its annoying to me because I'm an anxious person and when others spaz, it makes me freak out inside. I mean, I got all caught up in the hype and went and bought bottled water and got gas yesterday. I'm guessing that the worst we'll see is some strong winds and some rain. That is it. *fingers and toes are crossed*
  • AJ has had a cold all week and I am so ready to have everyone in my house be healthy again. I'm going crazy all cooped up in the house and judging by the weather forecast, I foresee more time inside. Ugh.
  • Even worse than AJ being sick is that hubby has been sick all week as well. Can you guess who has been more needy in illness? You guessed it. ;)
  • I'm praying for all those on the coast who are likely to get hit hard by Irene and I hope you will too.
Hopefully we'll have power the whole weekend and I'll be able to post after the worst of the storm has passed us. If not, I'll get back on here as soon as our power and Internet is up and running again!

Also, sorry this post ended up being super negative. Its where I'm at right now.

4 comments:

  1. Two more moves?? That's ca-razy! Isn't this already your third spot in a relatively short time??

    And all the talk about the hurricane gives me flashbacks to the possible gov't shutdown when everyone was upset about pay. **shudder**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading brain dump posts too! So much better than a blow-by-blow of someone's day.
    I would totally change PCMs too and Im a nurse practitioner! If you called on your way, then should have checked with the doc to make sure it was ok, and still have seen you. That's just bad customer service. If you do go back, I would talk to the office manager first.
    Bummer about the moves and stay safe in the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get overly anxious too when other people around me are freaking out. Hope you guys don't get too much of that hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad you're having a rough day-- hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...