Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday Workout Update!

Its Wednesday again and you all know what that means!! Its time for the weekly Wednesday Workout Update! Boy do I have an update for you (or maybe not).

When we were home we went to the specialty running shoe store in Hometown, U.S.A. and I got fitted for a new pair of squeaky clean running shoes. I love this store. They totally know what they're doing and always make sure you get the right shoes for your needs. Their staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I told the guy that I'm about to start training for another 1/2 marathon and he found me the right pair of shoes!

The next morning I set off on a 5k run in my parent's neighborhood and jeez! I am super out of shape. It was my first time running on anything other than a treadmill since I started working out again and I struggled. I finished it, but my legs felt like they were full of sand. I suppose it can only get easier, right? RIGHT? Other than that one run, I didn't get out and do another but I did join my mom and go for a few walks around the block with the stroller and the dog, so that counts, I guess.

All in all...not a great week, workout-wise, but I wasn't expecting it to be. We're back home now, and thus, back to the grind. I don't have that much time before my 12-week program for the San Antonio 1/2 in November starts. I really need to get moving and get back into shape!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for finishing the run despite not feeling it!

    Also, it looks like we might have to have a little bloggie meet up during the Disney Princess Half weekend or something! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that's awesome that you finished when you weren't feeling great. That's huge bc i usually just crap out haha

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...