Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Toe Shoes

Lately D has been on a kick. He has become obsessed with these new shoes that are supposed to be good for your posture as well as help get rid of any foot, leg or back pain. Sounds great, right? Well, I think I'd be more inclined if they didn't look like this:

Or this:

They relate to the idea that barefoot running is actually what our bodies are made to do. D has been doing some research and stumbled across an article that explained that most running injuries are related to the amount of padding that running shoes contain these days. Back in the 60s and 70s there was no such thing as "running" shoes. Foam, rubber and padding did not factor in when someone went out for a jog. Well, apparently, scientists also noticed that the number and type of running-related injuries was comparatively non-existent as well.

Vibram Five Fingers shoes are made to provide protection to your skin from the elements while providing the same benefits of running barefooted. They are made of super malleable rubber that is shaped like your foot. The tops are breathable and water-friendly, unlike most of today's leather shoes. There are several different styles available as well that are intended for a variety of different athletic activities.

I honestly might be interested in these shoes if the toes weren't separated. I don't know why, but they just thoroughly creep me out. I mean, look at the picture above. Gives me the heeby-jeebies! D tries to be sneaky and wear them out in public and its just not happening!

*I just want to let everyone know that this post is totally my own opinion and I am in no way endorsing or not endorsing this product. I'm simply blogging about things that are relevant in my life right now.*

Do you or anyone you know have a pair of these? What are your thoughts about them?

3 comments:

  1. I'm guilty. I totally want a pair, even if they are hideous. I have a friend at work who wears them - he swears by 'em. No more back and leg pain for him. He's not a runner, so he just wears them around. He said they protect his feet, unless he walks over a really sharp rock. Ouch! Who knows I might get a pair and let you know how they feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhaha eew i think they're so ugly. HOWEVER - my friend has a pair and he actually just hiked mt washington in them - pretty crazy! I guess they work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they are kinda weird looking to me...I have to agree with you. But I thought the same thing about Crocs until I actually broke down and bought a pair and then I fell in love with them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...