Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Results Are In...

AJ is offically miniature. Not like in the sense that she's a little person or anything, but she is just small for her age. We had her 4 month doctor's appointment (and immunizations) yesterday and got her new measurements.

At 4 months her measurements are as follows:

Length: 24.5"
Weight: 12 lbs., 15 oz.
Head Circumference: 16"

That puts her at about the 50% mark for height and 25% for weight. She basically has long, skinny chicken legs, which, if you knew her father, you would laugh at! D has not exactly been blessed with what would be known as long legs. He likes to claim his pant size to be a "husky extra short." *Don't tell him I told you that...*

Anyways, poor baby also had to get her boosters and all that jazz for her immunizations. Let me say, she was not happy about it, but she was much more easily consoled this time around than she was at her 2 month appointment. She got some nifty Charlie Brown band-aids from the super-nice nurse and promptly fell asleep as soon as she was laid down.

The doctor said that we can start to give her rice cereal if we want to. I think the plan right now is to wait for a bit (at least until she starts showing interest) before we jump into that. I mean, she's still so little and just a baby. I guess I'm having a mommy moment here. Its only a matter of time before she'll be wearing make-up, right? (ack!)

All in all, I continue to dread her doctor's appointments because I hate watching her get all these shots, but at least we don't have to go back for another 2 months.

2 comments:

  1. I cry every time London gets a shot! I hope she feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little guy just had his 4 month appointment on Monday. We too are holding off on rice cereal for a while. I don't think he's ready and since most organizations recommend waiting till the 6 month mark, there's really no reason to rush it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...