Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Woo Hoo!

I am terrible about posting on a regular basis, so its bizarre that I'm posting 2 times in one day, but I realized that I'm a terrible wifey (not really) and forgot to post our big news when it happened last week! So, here it goes!

On Friday D found out that he got selected to branch transfer to Civil Affairs. June 1, we are officially a Special Operations Family and not just a "regular" Army family anymore! I am so proud of him (even though I knew he was going to get selected). This is the news we have been waiting for, as it determines basically the rest of his career in the Army (or not, dependent on whether or not he was selected).

Now it is time to "hurry up and wait" yet again for the Army to issue orders for the Career Course this summer. We're hoping that he will get a slot at either the MP or Engineers Course at Ft. Leonard Wood in Missouri! If that happens, we will only be about 6 hours away from both our families! That would be so awesome for the family to be able to see AJ more often and for her to get to know them as well!

To some of you, 6 hours may not seem like it is that close, but for a lot of military families (us especially, considering our current situation), 6 hours is a quick drive! Considering that we currently live a short 5 hour plane ride from our families, a 6 hour drive seems like next door!

I'm so excited for this next chapter in our lives and can't wait to get started on it! Oh, did I mention that I continue to be super proud of my hubby? 'Cuz I am! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...