Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Congratulations, D!

Yesterday was the Change of Command Ceremony for D's company and he took command! It was a cool ceremony, and my first (of many I'm sure). The weather didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped it would, but the ceremony went on, despite the 57 degree temperature and rain.

As the incoming commander's wife, I was presented with a bouquet of yellow roses to symbolize the friendship I will have with the unit and the soldiers of the unit in the months to come. D gave his "acceptance" speech and it was short and sweet, unlike the outgoing commander's speech. LOL.

I got a chance before the ceremony to talk one on one with D's Battallion Commander and he already told me that he wants D to take some leave because he knows that D hasn't in a while. He also said that I am welcome to blame the long hours that D will inevitably work on him. He really likes D and wants to keep him in both this position and the XO position until we leave, instead of finding a replacement to take command like he should. It is definitely a compliment to D that the BC has such confidence in him, but I don't think he really wants to do twice the work.

Afterwards, as tradition dictates, we hosted a luncheon for the men of the unit, as well as "friends of the unit." This was my job as D says. I slaved over Subway sandwich platters and cookies all morning. Needless to say, everything was gone by the time the luncheon was over and I got several compliments on my excellent cooking skills! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...