Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

31 Weeks

As my life has gotten fairly boring since we returned from Florida, I figure I should at least continue to post about my pregnancy, seeing as there isn't anything else to write about. 

I'm starting to feel nervous about everything, mostly the unknowns.  Its not so much the lack of knowing when she will come, but more about not knowing how it will happen.  As of my last appointment, baby was head up (hooray, not) and I'm sincerely hoping that she doesn't take after her sister, who remained breech until she was surgically removed.

With that being said, I think most of my fears center around the whole idea that there will be a very attached 3 year old waiting for me to return home.  I'm freaked about the possibility of having a C-Section and then having to try and give AJ the attention she will want while keeping her off of me and caring (read nursing) a newborn with no sleep.  Please tell me it won't be as bad as I'm expecting it to be.  I'm basically preparing myself to be a hot mess for 10-12 months after baby 2's arrival.  Okay, so maybe only for a few weeks, but I'm sure it will feel like months.

The problem is I just remember how hard it was to come home and care for AJ after my C-Section with her and I'm worried about over-doing it unintentionally this time.  The good news is that hubs will be taking his paternity leave and my mom should be in town for a few days, not to mention friends and neighbors who are all willing to help as well.  I'm crossing my fingers for a VBAC and planning for the worst.  (Its the pessimist in me, I can't help it.)

Anyway, moving on.  I thought you all might like to see a recent picture of me, AJ and the bump.  Its from last week, but I'm wearing the same shirt today, so pretend like its this week, 'kay?

If you follow me on Instagram or are my friend on FB (lucky you) then chances are high that you've already seen it, but if not, its your lucky day!

As far as other pregnancy related news--I've been feeling the urge to cook and freeze food like a crazy person.  I think its my way of nesting, seeing that we have most of the stuff we need for this baby already and I think it would be silly to wash diapers and clothes when we have 2 months to go.

So, there it is, folks.  Another super entertaining pregnancy post from yours truly.  I bet you all can't wait for March when the baby is here so these posts come to an end.  I don't think anyone is anticipating that I'll have time (or motivation) to do monthly updates for baby 2, so no worries there!

Until next week....

3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed Little Miss turns and you get your VBAC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new around these parts ;) but I saw your blog and I think it's beautifully down and I love the style, layout, etc. I want to keep up with your pregnancy and it isn't boring to read; I think it's fun! New blogger friend in NC here! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It probably won’t be that bad. It was not that bad for me and my kids were closer in age than yours will be. You look so adorable with your pregnant bump. Your daughter looks like she is ready to meet her new sibling.

    http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...