Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This past weekend we went to the local pumpkin patch to pick out a few pumpkins. I had bought two randomly at the grocery store about a week or two ago, but we've never taken AJ to a pumpkin patch, so I really wanted to go. Lucky for us, we waited until it was 42* and drizzling to go. At least it wasn't crowded!

We were in and out of there pretty quickly, even though I'm pretty sure that AJ would have liked to stay all day. We could have stayed longer, but someone (ahem *hubby* cough, cough) didn't dress warmly enough. As it was, we let AJ pick out a few pumpkins and then we headed home. She literally was running around yelling, "PUMPKIN!"

I did manage to take one picture, though.


AJ checking out some pumpkins. No, this is not one of the ones we got.

We got our pumpkins Saturday morning and then I forgot about them waited until after AJ went to bed that night to carve them. She's not really at the right age for activities involving knives, and I didn't feel like scraping pumpkin guts off my kitchen floors and cabinets until Christmastime.

In the end, they turned out nice!



Mine is on the right in the top two pictures and the left on the bottom one.

Our pumpkins sitting in from of our house. Apparently its SUPER dark where we live. Ha!

I've been looking forward to taking AJ trick-or-treating all week and of course now she has a terrible cough, runny nose and is not feeling well at all. I'm probably going to try to get her in to see the doctor tomorrow, so trick-or-treating may have to wait until next year. : (

We will, however, be celebrating Halloween with the only dinner I've ever eaten on this spook-tacular holiday, "Beanie Halloweenie!" The recipe is simple (most likely my mom* created it because it was easy to cook when we were out trick-or-treating as kids).

Beanie Halloweenie**

1 family-sized can baked beans
1 package hot dogs

Place all ingredients*** into a square glass baking dish. Bake 30-ish minutes or until liquid is bubbly.

*Please note that this is a super trashy recipe and my mom will not be pleased that I shared this with you.

**Also note that its freakin' delish!

***I always add a squirt of mustard and ketchup, plus a generous tablespoon (or three) of brown sugar to my baked beans.

2 comments:

  1. I have a almost the same recipie that my grandmother gave me a few years ago when I was putting together a family recipie book. It was titled "Bubble and Squeak"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY LADY! We took AJ trick or treating last year. Remember, we went to like 2 houses! And as I was reading your recipe I was thinking it's missing Ketchup, Mustard, and Brown Sugar....glad we all made that on Oct 31!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think...