Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

The moms from AJ's preschool class are having a little potluck get-together tomorrow during school time.  I kind of forgot until tonight that I have to bring something so I hit Pinterest looking for something to make.  I knew I had a can of pumpkin in the pantry so I found a pumpkin bread recipe that sounded yummy.

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
Adapted from:
http://www.kudoskitchenbyrenee.com/2013/10/cocoa-clove-pumpkin-bread-twelve-loaves.html#more

Prep Time: 10 minutes       Bake Time: 15-20 minutes

1 cup granulated sugar
 1/2 cup brown sugar
 1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
 2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
 1- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pans with baking spray. Set aside.

-In a large bowl, blend the sugar, brown sugar, oil, vanilla extract and eggs.

-In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cloves.

-Blend the dry mixture into the wet mixture, in 1/3 increments making sure to blend well after each addition.

-Add in the pumpkin and mix well.

-Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans. 

-Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

-Allow the muffins to cool on a rack for about 20 minutes and then remove them from the pans and allow them to cool completely.



I halved the original recipe and made a few tweaks and it still made 24 mini muffins and about 8 regular sized muffins.  These are fantastic!

1 comment:

I'd love to know what you think...