Pages


My photo
I'm a twenty-nine year old Army wife currently living near a large Army post. I have an unhealthy obsession with Dr. Pepper, the Internet, cloth diapers, and ridiculous TV shows. I'm a stay at home mom to two beautiful daughters, AJ and Amelia. We also have a 6 year old beagle named Abby who is as dumb as a box of rocks.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

25 Weeks

So I'm a little behind on posting in general, which means that my ever-so-exciting pregnancy updates have fallen by the wayside a bit.

This past weekend I turned 25 weeks pregnant with this second baby girl.

Physically:

Not only am I exhausted (what happened to second trimester energy?) but I'm physically hurting.  I don't know if its because I'm so much busier this time around, but by the end of the day I can only manage to lay on the couch for about 30 minutes before I have to go get in bed and lay down.  At least my sleep has been pretty good.  I keep thinking that any day now I'm going to start waking up to pee and toss and turn like I did with AJ, but so far nothing.  I'll consider myself lucky there!

I did have to break down and buy some Pepcid for the heartburn this week.  I had it really bad with AJ and so far it hasn't been as bad as before, but I'm just hoping that the intensity doesn't increase too much in the next few months.

Mentally:

Its hard to imagine having a different baby.  By that I mean, I can imagine having a baby around the house, but I always seem to picture AJ when I think about it.  Just recently I've started subconsciously realizing that it will be different, but still familiar when she arrives.  I am excited to see if she looks like AJ did as a baby or maybe she'll be the opposite!

Preparedness:

We're pretty prepared as far as gear and stuff goes, clothes are the only items we really need as of now. Having another same-sex baby helps with that aspect.  If only I'd held onto all those newborn and 0-3 clothes!  Ha!  I'm really focused on a bunch of other stuff right now, so I wouldn't say that mentally I'm prepared.  Once I get through the holidays, then I will start to focus on baby time.  I think that if we can ever decide on a name that will help, too.

What I'm Looking Forward To:

Last time I posted it was painting the room and getting stuff ready for baby, and we did that a few weeks ago!  D painted and I really like the way the room turned out.  Now I think I'm starting to look forward to stuff that means baby will be here soon, like ordering newborn cloth diapers and washing clothes.  I am also looking forward to her being here so we will be forced to name her!  Haha!

That's it for now.  Hopefully I'll be back here more regularly in the new few weeks, because then I'll most likely be taking a little break for Christmas and New Years while we travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think...