Some of the races we are considering are:
- The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon in Virginia Beach, VA (September 5, 2010)
- The Chicago 1/2 Marathon and 5k in Chicago, IL (September 12, 2010)
- The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon in San Jose, CA (October 3(?), 2010)
- The Great Turtle 1/2 Marathon in Mackinac Island, MI (October 23(?), 2010)
- The Miami Beach Halloween 1/2 Marathon in Miami Beach, FL (October 30, 2010)
- The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon in San Antonio, TX (November 14(?), 2010)
- The Seattle Marathon and 1/2 Marathon in Seattle, WA (November 28, 2010)
- The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon in Las Vegas, NV (December 5(?), 2010)
- The Walt Disney World 1/2 Marathon in Orlando, FL (January 9(?), 2011)
- The Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon in Phoenix, AZ (January 16(?), 2011)
We obviously will most likely only do one of the races. We could hypothetically do one of the first ones in Virginia Beach or Chicago, and then one of the last ones in Las Vegas, Orlando, or Phoenix. I think we are pretty sure we will be doing the 1/2 marathon and not the full one.
I am personally excited to start running and training after the baby is born. I have done some research and am planning to take at least 6 weeks off, but more likely 8 weeks after the baby is born. With a 16 week training plan, we would be ready at the end of August towards the early part of September. I think my parents would be excited to come to wherever we decided to run and watch the baby (or run) with us. Since we are planning on training with the jogging stroller, running the race with the stroller shouldn't be too much of a stretch.